Skip to main content

INTER District Transfers

If you live outside the Byron Union School District and wish to attend school within our Byron USD school boundaries, a parent or legal guardian may apply for an Inter District Transfer request.  To start this process, a parent or legal guardian must first obtain an Inter District Transfer request from their district of residence.  Your request must be approved by your school district of residence to be considered.  BUSD will not review or consider requests that are denied by their school district of residence.   

  • PLEASE NOTE: If your district of residence approves your interdistrict transfer request, this does not mean that you have been accepted into BUSD.  Please do not dis-enroll your student or try to register your student within the BUSD school boundaries until you have received an official transfer decision notification letter from our Student Services Department.

Once your school district of residence approves your transfer, they will forward the request to Byron USD for review.  Please email the required documents listed below to Katy Moseley  or by fax to 925-634-9421.  Please provide records for the past 3 years.  

  • Transcripts and/or report cards
  • Attendance records 
  • Behavior/Discipline
  • Student Information Page
  • Childcare Affidavit  
  • If Receiving Services – Copy of the 504 or IEP plan

Contact Katy Moseley with questions about Inter district transfers